Portfolio 2023 – Best of 2022 is a web-based exhibit open to members of Front Range Contemporary Quilters. The art accepted into this show will be the home page feature for the FRCQ website that displays the best work completed by our members in 2022. There will be no catalog published. The juror’s goal will be to select the best possible group of entries that collectively showcase the diversity of work being made in our region within the art quilt medium.
- Entries submitted: November 19, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Notification of selected work: January 20, 2023
- Exhibit Posted Online: January 31, 2023
Juror: Laura Wasilowski is a textile artist and creator of hand-dyed fabrics and threads. Her pictorial art quilts (created from fused fabrics and hand-embroidered or machine quilted) are collected and exhibited internationally.
You must be a member of FRCQ. Most current members are on an auto-renew system on our website. If you are a current member who did not choose the auto-renew option or are not a current member, you will have to join or renew (https://www.artquilters.org/contactus- join-frcq/).
- Entries must meet this definition for art quilt: “The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.” (Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc).
- Single, diptych, triptych, or other multiple-piece works, framed, mounted and three dimensional or wearable works may be submitted. Diptychs, triptychs and other multiple-piece works must be submitted as one entry.
- The work must be original and the result of independent (solo or collaborative) effort. If work is the result of a collaboration (including the production, design or quilting process) it must be noted in your description and collaborators listed. Art that was begun, worked on or resulted from a workshop and that is in the style of the workshop teacher is NOT considered original and thus is not eligible for this exhibit.
- All work must have been completed during the 2022 calendar year.
- Work submitted may have been displayed in previous exhibits and need not be in your possession, since this is a web-based exhibit.
- All communication for this exhibit is by e-mail, including notification of acceptance.
- Artwork will not be sold by FRCQ.
- Photos of entries will be submitted online. Since this is a web-based exhibit, the quality of the image is critical. Images that are not adequate for display on the website will be disqualified in the jury process. Images must be in sharp focus. You may wish to use a professional photographer.
- The full image should be on a neutral background with all outside edges of the art quilt visible. DO NOT CROP INTO THE EDGES OF THE ART.
- All entries should have two images: one overall image and one detail.
- File format: JPEG or JPG only.
- Size your images as follows: 72 dpi, 2100 pixels on long side, and under 2 MB. Tips for sizing images are on the web site under Exhibits, useful information.
How to Enter
- Each member may enter up to three art quilts, with two images of each.
- Please name your artwork images as follows:
- For overall image: Title, dimensions of artwork
- For detail image: Title detail
- There is no entry fee.
- For each piece that you enter, write a SHORT paragraph describing the materials used in the art and your inspiration for the piece. Do not include your name.
Send your short paragraphs and images to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions contact Joan Sowada email@example.com
Join FRCQ Today!
Please join this fun, lively artistic group of 150+ members. Our monthly meetings feature international, national or local speakers. Only members are eligible to participate in our dynamic workshops and excellent juried exhibitions. Membership dues are $35 a year and membership runs for 12 months. Dues are $25 a year for Student Members, available for those enrolled in a course of study. Membership in FRCQ includes all meetings, a high-quality monthly online newsletter, and eligibility to register for workshops. Visitors are welcome to the monthly meetings for a $10.00 fee.
To register/join, CLICK HERE.
To learn more about becoming a member, CONTACT US.
(If you would prefer to mail a membership form with a check: FRCQ Membership Form)
FRCQ Social Media
Dates: Every third Monday, January through November.
Location: All meetings are available on-line via Zoom with the link included in our monthly newsletter. Two to Four times per year, we hold in-person meetings. The location may vary, so please refer to the MEETINGS page on our website for information as to which meetings are in person and where they will be held.
Time: On-Line meetings run from 7:00-9:00 pm. In-person meetings have social time which starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting from 7:00-9:00 pm.