FRCQ Demo – July 17, 2017
by Eileen King
- Six-inch by 6-inch by 1-1/2 inch canvas box (comes 4 to a package at Hobby Lobby)
- 11-1/2 inch fabric square
- 11-inch square Pellon ShirTailor fusible interfacing
- 11-inch square cardboard w/6-inch cutout in the middle
- 6-inch square piece of batting
- 6-inch square piece of muslin or other fabric
- 1-inch by 11-inch strips of fusible interfacing (4 per box)
- Matching or contrasting thread for quilting
- Embellishments (cords, beads, trims, jewelry pieces, etc.)
- Heavy duty stapler and hammer
- Iron interfacing with stream iron to back of fabric
- Cut to exact 11-inch square
- Place batting and muslin onto underside of interfaced fabric exactly in the middle (hint: score underside of fabric 2-1/2 inches in from each edge)
- Pin or baste in place
- Quilt top of the centered square if desired
- Place cutout cardboard on top of the right side of fabric to compose your design
- Add embellishments to top of centered square
- Finish outer edges by steam-ironing 1-inch strips of interfacing over each edge
- Place embellished square face down. Place top of canvas box directly on top of inner square (hint: measure in from each edge 2-1/2 inches to be sure it is centered)
- Fold opposite sides of fabric over canvas edge and secure with three heavy duty staples
- Fold the other two opposite sides of fabric like you would a package and secure with three heavy duty staples
- Pound all staples with hammer to be sure all edges are secured
Join FRCQ Today!
Please join this fun, lively artistic group of 150+ members. Our monthly meetings feature international, national or local speakers. Only members are eligible to participate in our dynamic workshops and excellent juried exhibitions. Membership dues are $35 a year and membership runs for 12 months. Dues are $25 a year for Student Members, available for those enrolled in a course of study. Membership in FRCQ includes all meetings, a high-quality monthly online newsletter, and eligibility to register for workshops. Visitors are welcome to the monthly meetings for a $10.00 fee.
To register/join, CLICK HERE.
To learn more about becoming a member, CONTACT US.
(If you would prefer to mail a membership form with a check: FRCQ Membership Form)
FRCQ Social Media
Dates: Every third Monday, January through November.
Location: All meetings are available on-line via Zoom with the link included in our monthly newsletter. Several times per year, we hold hybrid in-person/zoom meetings. The location may vary, so please refer to the MEETINGS page on our website for information as to which meetings are in person and where they will be held.
Time: On-Line meetings run from 7:00-9:00 pm. In-person meetings have social time which starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting from 7:00-9:00 pm.